Feeling overwhelmed by pressure from the many different demands on your time? Sunday night is there a knot in your stomach from thinking about all the piles of work to be faced in the coming week? School librarians frequently report that they feel stressed by the need to multi-task, to keep up-to-date, and to manage tight schedules. There never seems to be enough time to get everything done. How can you work more efficiently and effectively and feel in control of your time? Will you ever see the top of your desk again? This interactive workshop will provide practical strategies for gaining control of your time and setting priorities.Participants will learn practical strategies for:
• Surviving information overload.
• Taking control of their time.
• Routinizing and limiting time spent on daily, repetitive, time consuming tasks.
• Getting more help.
• Getting paperwork organized.
• Prioritizing deadlines.
• Managing multiple responsibilities.
• Making decisions and saying “no” based on their priorities.
You will also learn to avoid the worst mistakes people make in allocating their time and how to practice the best strategies for maximizing your productivity.